About the Lab
The Research on Addictions and Digital Intervention (Readi) Lab, led by Dr. Danielle Ramo, works at the intersection of substance use and digital health. Historically Dr. Ramo's work has focused on teens and young adults, aiming to understand how multiple substances are commonly co-used, and how best to put treatments into a developmental context. With an emphasis on interdisciplinary collaboration, our work is focused on using technology to aid in behavior change, and to tailor interventions to those with health disparities including the sexual and gender minority population.
1. Ramo DE, Thrul J, Chavez K, Delucchi KL, Prochaska JJ, et al. (2015). Feasibility and Quit Rates of the Tobacco Status Project: A Facebook Smoking Cessation Intervention for Young Adults. J Med Internet Res. 2015; 17(12):e291. PMID: 26721211.
2. Ramo, D.E., Popova, L., Grana, R., Zhao, S., Chavez, K. (2015) Cannabis mobile apps: A content analysis. JMIR mHealth uHealth, 3(3): e81. doi:10.2196/mhealth.4405. PMID: 26268634
3. Ramo, D.E., Thrul, J., Delucchi, K.L., Ling, P.M., Hall, S.M., & Prochaska, J.J. (2015) The Tobacco Status Project (TSP): Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial of a Facebook smoking cessation intervention for young adults. BMC Public Health, 15: 897. PMC4572690.
4. Thrul, J., Klein, A.B., Ramo, D.E. (2015) Smoking cessation intervention on Facebook: Which content generates the best engagement? J Med Internet Res, 17 (11), e244. DOI:10.2196/jmir.4575. PubMed PMID: 26561529; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4704894.
5. Ramo, D.E., Rodriguez, T.M., Chavez, K., Sommer, M.J., & Prochaska, J.J. (2014). Facebook recruitment of young adult smokers for a cessation trial: Methods, metrics, and lessons leaned. Internet Interventions, 1, 58-64. PMID: 25045624.PMCID available on 2015/4/1
6. Babson, K.A., Ramo, D.E., Baldini, L.L., Vandrey, R., & Bonn-Miller, M.O. (2015). Mobile app delivered cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia: A development and feasibility study among veterans with cannabis use disorders. Journal of Medical Internet Research: Research Protocols, 4(3):e87. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3852
7. Prochaska, J.J., Fromont, S.C., Ramo, D.E., Young-Wolff, K., Delucchi, K., Brown, R., Hall, S.M. (2015). Gender differences in a randomized controlled trial treating tobacco use in adolescents and young adults with mental health concerns. Nicotine & Tobacco Research.
8. Ramo, D.E., Liu, H., & Prochaska, J.J. (2015). Prevalence and correlates of electronic-cigarette use in young adults: Findings from three studies over five years. Addictive Behaviors.
9. Ramo, D.E., Liu, H., & Prochaska, J.J. (2014). A mixed-methods study of young adults’ receptivity to using Facebook for smoking cessation: If you build it, will they come? American Journal of Health Promotion, e-pub ahead of print. PMID: 24575728.